ProxyInspector is an effective tool for monitoring corporate Internet usage in Microsoft TMG 2010 or Sophos UTM environment
High-speed internet access has become an integral part of office work. Sending and receiving e-mails, ICQ negotiations, Skype calls, Internet advertising and online marketing require spending a lot of time in the World Wide Web. But the easy access to online resources has caused outrageous abuse of computers in the workplace, which is now a serious problem for managers.
Employees spend working hours on online shopping, writing non-work related messages or surfing social networks, and a considerable number of workers even do on-the-job job hunt! There have been cases, when certain employees spent eight hours a day downloading pornographic videos and pictures in the workplace. It prevented other stuff from reading business e-mails and almost paralyzed the corporate network.
Such activities are now known as cyberslacking or cyberloafing, and lots of managers take measures to minimize it. Website filtering and blocking lists were rejected as ineffective and time-consuming, and the most efficient way to control corporate internet usage today is to use Internet monitoring programs. It is not a question of individual privacy, but of the abuse of company assets – according to surveys, the average employee spends about two hours each day using the Internet for personal reasons, and the wasted computer resources cost American companies more than $1 billion a year.
ProxyInspector is a perfect solution for Internet usage analysis and reporting. This family of simple and efficient applications ensures effective monitoring, so your corporate network will never be a distraction for your employees, but a tool for productivity enhancement.
How does ProxyInspector work?
The program retrieves information from log files of such popular proxy servers like Sophos UTM, Cisco IronPort/Web Security Appliance, Qbik WinGate, Ositis WinProxy, Kerio WinRoute Firewall, Kerio Control 7, Squid, EServ, Microsoft Threat Management Gateway 2010 or Microsoft ISA Server 2000/2004/2006 and gives a comprehensive report on Internet usage: which workstations are the most active, what websites they access, what is the general traffic distribution among sites, protocols, days of week, times of the day etc. ProxyInspector runs at a great speed even when working with large-sized log files.
- Variety selection of reports for any task;
- Ability to work on any computer in your LAN;
- Ability to export reports to HTML, Microsoft® Excel and PDF;
- Printing reports directly from the built-in browser;
- Tools for automatic logs files import and reports creation;
- Sending reports via e-mail;
- Support for most popular proxy servers: Sophos UTM, Cisco IronPort/Web Security Appliance, Microsoft® Threat Management Gateway 2010, Microsoft® ISA Server 2006, 2004 and 2000, Kerio WinRoute Firewall, Kerio Control, Qbik WinGate, Ositis WinProxy and Squid.
- Supported proxy server in LAN;
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2012;
Additionally ProxyInspector Enterprise edition provides support for multiple, both standing in array and standalone proxy/firewall server(all servers supported by Standard edition). Features matrix
- support for multiple proxy servers(array or standalone, geographically spaced);
- support for Microsoft® SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 for ProxyInspector database storage;
- Active Directory support;
- Microsoft® Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2012;
Download FREE 30 day trial
I would like to say that your product is working very well in a couple of my client's environments. Each time I install an ISA Server 2004 server and the client needs to have clear, consise reporting that has scheduled report generation capabilities I recommend your product.
Downeast Networks, Inc.
Products and company news